Project Engineer (Sligo)
July 1, 2021
Kaon Automation is seeking a dynamic individual to take responsibility for the successful delivery and implementation of customised automated equipment projects. Kaon Automation have been providing custom designed automation solutions to leading manufacturing companies globally since 2005 and have a proven track record of providing innovative and flexible solutions. The successful candidate will work on challenging, innovative projects within a highly technical and collaborative working group. As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of projects to plan and will be the voice of our customers internally.
- Manage the delivery of a portfolio of projects.
- Full accountability of all aspects of project delivery from project kick-off phase to customer support of installed machines. This will include:
- Ensuring the customer User Requirement Specifications (URS) are delivered to the customers satisfaction.
- Ensure all aspects of the project delivery is completed to the required standard.
- Deliver documentation suite including quality, safety, and end user documents.
- Drive timelines to deliver solutions within the contracted timeframes.
- Ensuring project milestones are achieved within the budgeted resource allocations.
- Work closely with Programme Manager and Resources Manager to overcome resourcing and planning conflicts between projects.
- Control scope and change requests internally and externally.
- Facilitate effective technical and commercial communications between all project stakeholders.
- Ensure projects statuses are clearly communicated through ongoing project reviews to customers and Kaon Automation managers.
- Co-ordinate cross functional teams (Design, Controls, Debug and Workshop teams) to manage prioritisation of tasks.
- Manage the development of work breakdown structures for each delivery phase.
- Critically review and resolve planning / delivery issues as they arise.
- Set out and drive project roadmaps to completion.
- Provide problem solving support to each of the teams during the project to ensure quick resolutions to technical issues.
- Maintain a strong understanding of key areas of the ongoing functional and technical challenges of each project.
- Structured management of project issues using standardised project management tools to prioritise resolutions based on resources and targets.
- Escalate problems as necessary in timely manner to ensure deadlines maintained.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Practical experience of mechanical, electrical & controls systems required.
- Relevant experience in a similar role required.
- Proven track record in leading engineering teams effectively.
Read more and apply here