The Value of an End-to-End Service from Your Manufacturing Partners
April 18, 2018
Most medical device and pharmaceutical product manufacturers use components or packaging solutions supplied by third parties. There are lots of relationships you can have with those third-party manufacturers, i.e. there is no one-size-fits-all method of working.
For example, you could have a long-distance relationship where communication is minimal, and you simply receive shipments on a periodic basis. You might even use multiple manufacturers to supply you with the same item.
However, at the other end of the spectrum, you can have a much closer relationship with third-party manufacturers – relationships that are better described as partnerships.
At iNBLEX, we greatly favour the latter, describing our approach as providing an end-to-end service to our clients. Before getting into why we offer an end-to-end service and how it benefits your business, let’s first look at what we mean by an end-to-end manufacturing service.
Providing an End-to-End Service in Plastics Manufacturing
At iNBLEX, we specialise in the manufacture of components and packaging solutions for clients in the medical device and pharmaceuticals manufacturing industries. All our products are manufactured in our County Sligo production facility to medical sector standards.
So, what does the provision of an end-to-end service involve and what does it mean?
It means we work with and support our customers through every stage of their product lifecycle. While we don’t manufacture our clients’ end products, we are acutely aware of the important role we play in their supply chain. By supporting our customers in every stage of the cycle, we can provide a higher standard of service.
Therefore, the range of services, support, and help we provide to our customers include:
- Product design and development including designing from scratch or reverse engineering with design for manufacturing, or DFM, being a key priority
- Prototyping as part of the iterative design process using various techniques, including 3D printing
- Compliance by ensuring the products we design and develop meet regulatory standards
- Validation as part of the above compliance process in addition to improving product quality and overall productivity
- Manufacturing production tooling in-house or liaising with leading toolmakers to procure an appropriate mould
- Manufacturing using the most efficient and cost-effective techniques
- Cost containment as part of the DFM process as well as during manufacturing to ensure we achieve the lowest manufacturing cost possible for our clients while maintaining consistent quality
- Cost optimisation by regularly reviewing the design, specification, and manufacturing process to drive efficiency savings throughout the Growth and Maturity stages of the product lifecycle
- Redesigning the components and packaging we manufacture in line with overall product redesigns, upgrades, or changes due to new regulations
- End of product life processes to scale down production as required
Benefits of Using Manufacturing Partners Who Offer an End-to-End Service
- Cost savings – particularly over time as there will be considerably less rework required when changes are made to the design. This is in addition to the regular cost optimisation exercises your manufacturing partner will undertake.
- Time savings – again, time savings will accumulate as the relationship matures because your manufacturing partner will have an in-depth knowledge of the product.
- Better continuity – particularly when it comes to upgrading or changing the design of the product.
- Enhanced quality levels – a manufacturing partner offering an end-to-end service will be committed to continuous quality improvement.
- Product development – you will also benefit from your manufacturing partner’s ongoing efforts to improve the product they manufacture for you by, for example, improving quality or making the product more efficient to manufacture.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction – many of the above points will benefit your business in a number of ways, including enhancing the service and standard of product you offer to customers.
- Maximum return on investment – finally, a long-term relationship will ensure you get the best possible return on investment.
To find out more about the plastics manufacturing capabilities and expertise of iNBLEX, visit the iNBLEX website.